Liposuction & Fat Reduction Surgery in Navi Mumbai
Liposuction is a surgical procedure to remove extra fat from the body and break it up. It allows you to extract resistant fat from the hips, buttocks, love handles, thighs, calves, breasts, arms, back, neck, face, and saddlebags from diet and exercise. One of the most common and safest cosmetic procedures for getting into the perfect shape is liposuction surgery. It’s a cosmetic surgery that permanently eliminates fat cells to have subtle effects. It refines and improves the contour of the body. As a single operation or together with breast reduction, tummy tuck, or facelift surgery, liposuction can be performed.
Liposuction is also referred to as suction liposculpture, lipoplasty, lipo, or lipectomy. Liposuction, however, is not a method for losing weight or an alternative to exercise and diet. It is not a cure for obesity. It will not tighten the sagging skin and will not erase stretch marks, dimples or cellulite. Consult with an experienced liposuction surgery doctor for the best results and protection.
Groups of Procedures for Liposuction:
- Tumescent liposuction- In this operation, several liters of saline solution, local anesthesia, and other blood vessel constriction drugs are inserted into the fat layer in the region of the body to be sucked under the skin. The solution helps the fat cells expand and then the fat is sucked out with the aid of a small suction tube. As this procedure is done under the control of local anesthesia, it decreases blood loss and post-operative discomfort.
- Dry liposuction- No fluid is injected here until fat is extracted. This approach is very seldom used because there is a chance of bleeding and bruising.
- Super-wet Liposuction-The tumescent technique is a variant, but it uses less fluid injection, and anesthesia is provided here.
- It is the most common method of liposuction where a powerful vacuum is applied to split and suck the fat. Suction-assisted liposuction- In this process, a hollow instrument known as a cannula is inserted under the skin to create a vacuum by connecting it to a robust suction pump.
- Power-assisted liposuction- The cannula has a vibrating tip in this technique that increases the cannula’s motion so that the removal of fat is simple, comfortable, and fast. Tiny and precise, the movement is regulated. It is a safe procedure and modest are the incisions made. The recovery is also rapid, too.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction- A special cannula is used here to loosen and melt the fat, which emits ultrasonic sound waves. The fat is liquefied, allowing a larger amount of fat to be extracted. For male patients, this approach is better for dense fat and where there is a more substantial or fibrous region involved. To extract the emulsified fat, this treatment is followed by suction-assisted liposuction. There is however a slight risk that the heat from the ultrasound waves can cause scarring or burning in this technique.
- Vaser Liposuction- It is a special form of liposuction in which ultrasound emulsifies the fat cells and then with the aid of the liposuction probe, breaks them further. By this process, without affecting the surrounding nerves, blood vessels, and other tissues, the fat is extracted easily. There is also less bruising and pain caused by it. The best part is that manual liposuction techniques cost no more than this process.
- A modern technique is a laser-assisted liposuction. More effective, less invasive, and less painful, it is considered. It is also known as liposuction guided by laser. Tumescent fluid is used here, and then a small tube is inserted to inject laser heat and energy into the fat through a tiny incision. In contrast to manual procedures, laser liposuction is costly, but the pain is less and recovery is fast.
Who can ask about liposuction? Who is a successful liposuction candidate?
- Localized fat deposits would not go with diet and exercise in the legs, arms, neck, abdomen, or other body areas.
- In tailored clothing, you want to appear slimmer and look healthy.
- In the specific body area, to achieve sleeker contours and more definition.
- Dispose of fat deposits that seem disproportionate to the rest of the body in localized areas of the body.
- Health complications such as lymphedema, lipodystrophy syndrome, gynecomastia, and lipoma.
- In patients with severe weight loss after obesity, liposuction may also be needed.
What characteristics does an applicant for liposuction have?
- Stable weight patients, but with unwanted fat in specific areas of the body. If you opt for weight loss or weight gain, liposuction should be delayed.
- Clients with strong elasticity in the skin and tone
- Minimal excess skin should be present.
- Individuals above the age of 18
- The consumer needs to be in good health. You should not go for liposuction if you have coronary heart disease, a week’s immune system, or diabetes.
- Patients of optimistic attitudes and reasonable aspirations.
- Non-pregnant females
- Females that do not breastfeed.
- Individuals that do not have a lidocaine allergy.
What should be expected?
You are moved to the recovery room directly after the procedure and tracked. You would be expected to spend the night in the hospital if you have been given general anesthesia. You would be allowed to go home if local anesthesia is given.
In the targeted area, there may be swelling and bleeding that will develop within 7-10 days. For 6-8 weeks, the region where fat is eliminated will feel numb.
The liposuction effect is immediate, but before the inflammation subsides, it is not evident. The swelling will take a month before it can calm down. If you gain weight after liposuction, then the region of the body that has undergone liposuction will not expand, but the area where fat cells are still present will grow. So, try to keep your weight steady. Schedule an initial consultation with our plastic surgeon in Navi Mumbai and get a diagnosis and best result outcome report from our experts.
Precautions After Surgery
- You will have to wear a compression garment for 4-6 weeks to help the targeted region.
- To remove excess fluid and blood, temporary drains are rarely inserted in the existing incisions.
- To prevent infection, antibiotics are given to
- They are given painkillers to relieve pain and inflammation.
- To avoid dehydration, drink plenty of water.
- During the treatment time, stop smoking.
- For the first 48 hours after the surgery, stop drinking alcohol.
- Stop strenuous exercises and heavy weight lifting before complete healing occurs.
- Keep clean incisions. Follow the washing and bathing instructions from your doctor.
- Do not apply a heating pad or ice pack to the skin overlying the liposuction-treated area.
- To minimize the risk of infection, stop bathing, soaking baths and hot tubs for at least seven days after surgery.
- Be precautionary. During the healing process, surgical incisions should not be subject to movement, swelling, unnecessary force, and abrasion.